WooCommerce Weight Based Inventory is designed and developed to provide the best inventory management for your products, based on their weight because most of the time when you deal with stocks it is very essential to maintain a perfect checklist. This plugin helps you to manage product stock via its weight.
Overview – WooCommerce Weight Based Inventory
Let’s start up with settings explanation which will help you to configure the plugin.
- Supports Variable products but the basic version supports only for simple products.
- An option to choose whether product weight will be the shipping weight or separate weight.
- On-Hold Inventory actions which will hold the weight for particular order statuses.
- Quick edits for weight based inventory products.
- Hazzle-Free premium support.
- Manage Inventory : This setting will help you to choose your inventory type on your Store.
- Enable weight based & WooCommerce quantity based Inventory – This option will help you to enable both WooCommerce Quantity based Inventory and our Weight Based Inventory, but Don’t use both inventory for a product
- Only Weight Based Inventory – This option will enable our Weight Based Inventory and also disables WooCommerce Quantity Based Inventory.
- Weight Type : This setting will help you to choose your inventory weight type on your Store.
- Predefined weight and price by store owners – This option will help you to predefine the weight and the price for the products.
- Variable weight by customers and calculate price – This option will gives you customer required weight for the product while purchasing. Customer can enter their required buying weight for this product.
- Product Weight : (Visible on Weight Type = Predefined Weight) This setting will help you to set up product weight for the inventory.
- Use WooCommerce Shipping Weight – This option will use the WooCommerce Shipping Weight as product weight for inventory.
- Use different Weight from Shipping Weight – This option will separate the product weight from shipping weight by custom product weight field and the field values will be used as product weight.
- Notification : This setting will help you to get notifications related to inventory’s stock details.
- Low stock notificatio – Enabling this option will help you to receive notification mails when ever the product in your store is below the minimum stock value.
- Out of Stock Notification – Enabling this option will help you to receive notification mails when ever the product is out of stock.
- Notification Recipient(s) : This option will help you to set the e-mail on which you want the notification emails to be received. You can also set more than one e-mail Id.
To enter multiple email recipients use a comma(,) separator after each email Id.
- Low Stock Threshold : The value entered in Low Stock Threshold field will be considered as the minimum stock value. Once your product stock matches with the Low Stock Threshold threshold value, you will receive a notification mail.
- Out of Stock Threshold : The value entered in Out of Stock Threshold field will be considered as the minimum stock value. Once your product stock matches with the Out of Stock threshold value, you will receive a notification mail.
- Stock Display Format : This option helps you to display the product stock details on your store.
- Don’t show Stock Status – This option hides the stock status.
- Convert inventory stock weight into quantity (Visible on Weight Type = Predefined Weight) – This option shows the stock details based on quantity. Ex: 12 in stock
- Display inventory stock weight – This option shows the stock details based on measuring units Ex: 120 kg in stock
Order Statuses Actions
Order statuses actions helps you to set the events for the specific order statuses.
- Pending Payment – Do nothing to the inventory.
- Processing – Reduce weight from inventory.
- On-Hold – Do nothing to the inventory.
- Completed – Reduce weight from inventory.
- Cancelled – Do nothing to the inventory.
- Refunded – Return weight to inventory.
- Failed – Do nothing to the inventory.
These are the default order statuses and their inventory actions. You can set the custom Order statuses too according to your convenience.